Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kefi

Since we realized the necessity of a restricted diet, we haven't been out for dinner. That means at least 2 months of cooking every night. We ordered in pizza once for dad & daughter 1 and a chicken salad for mom (gf, cheese on the side so sharing with daughter 2 was possible). Last night mom hit a wall and said "I don't want to cook, I want to be treated." So I did some research and discovered that a Greek restaurant we already know and like is on a "friendly to celiac's" list. We walked in the door, I explained our dietary restrictions and we were good to go.

Our server was helpful, and when I asked if the feta was cows milk or sheep or goat, she went and checked for me because she didn't know. They were also super accommodating of our girls, which is always nice for a slightly higher-end restaurant like they are. We will definitely be going back there more often than we were already.

The restaurant is Kefi, 102-100 Schoolhouse Street, Coquitlam, BC, www.kefi.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment