Saturday, July 10, 2010

Carrot Cake

Yummy, yummy yummy. Carrot cake has always been one of our favorites, and it translates to gluten free so well. I looked up so many recipes on the Internet and got very confused, so I went to my family cookbook, and voila! I now have a super easy, super tasty carrot cake recipe. I made it 2 weeks ago for a family birthday party, and it was a huge hit. I even went a little overboard on the decorating, but it was fun and turned out great!



Right now I am an 8 hour drive from home, visiting my best friend for her 30th birthday. While she is at work this morning, I am baking a cake for her party this evening. Daughter 2 is with me, and since we both want to eat cake, I'm making it again. It's baking right now, and smelling delicious.

Carrot Cake

Dry Ingredients

2 cups gf all purpose flour mix (xanthan gum included)
3 tsp gf baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon

Wet Ingredients

4 eggs
3/4 cup canola oil
2 cups sugar (white or light brown)
2 cups raw grated carrots

Optional: 1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a 13x9 pan, or 24 muffin cups. Sift together dry ingredients in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat eggs on medium-high for 2 minutes. Add in oil and sugar and beat for 1 minute. Add dry ingredients to wet and only beat until just mixed together. Add carrots (and nuts if using) and mix by hand until fully incorporated. Pour into pan and bake approx. 50 minutes. Let cool, then ice with cream cheese frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment