Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Banana Bread

Every Wednesday, we have friends over for 2-ish hours of anime watching. It usually falls to us to supply the snack, since we have our crazy restrictions. I was going to make bread yesterday, had even pulled out and separated the eggs, and then realized I was missing 2 rather important flours. So I stuck the eggs back in the fridge and decided I would make banana bread for this week's anime night.

I found a recipe that started with 3 eggs and 3 bananas (cuz that's what I had) and went from there. I used this recipe as my starting point and went from there. Its currently baking in the oven, but I'm taking the time to write this recipe now or I'll forget exactly what I did. Also, we have about 3 tbsp of sugar left in our house until I get to groceries later this week, so I went with alternate sweeteners.


Banana Bread

Dry Ingredients

1 cup sweet rice flour
1/4 cup each quinoa flour, chickpea flour, amaranth flour and potato starch
1 tbsp potato flour
2 tsp gf baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
pinch salt

Wet Ingredients

3 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup light agave nectar
1/4 cup fancy molasses
3 ripe bananas, mashed

Optional

Up to 1 cup total of chocolate chips, chopped nuts or raisins, in any mixture/amount.


Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and flour (I used sweet rice flour) a loaf pan, or line it with parchment paper.

Mix all your dry ingredients in one bowl with a whisk. In another bowl, mix all wet ingredients except bananas with a hand mixer for about a minute. Add in bananas and beat until there are no large chunks left. Add dry ingredients and chocolate chips/nuts/raisins to wet ingredients and mix by hand with a rubber spatula until all the flour is incorporated. Pour into your loaf pan.

Bake for 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment